Well Hello There :)

Free Hit Counter

Tuesday 27 July 2010

Amy Amy Amy




In my book 'FRANK' was one of the best Debut Albums Released on the 20th of October 2003.

'Back to Black'  (4th October 2006) was quality too; it won five Grammy awards, tying the record (with Lauryn Hill, Alicia KeysBeyoncé Norah Jones, and Alison Krauss
And to date, its sold over 10million copies worldwide.


We all know Amy has her issues, but who doesn't?
Now. don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of her body image or all the drugs she's associated with. I'm a fan of her music. And as far as I'm concerned, her work as an artist speaks volumes.

I remember when Michael Jackson passed away and about 2weeks later I recall saying;

"I'm don't need to cry for him, cause he's achieved so much, and although his death has been a major loss to the music industry it isn't a complete tragedy because he has left an untouchable musical legacy behind.
  But lets say if for example someone like, 'Amy Winehouse' died, I would be in tears; because there is still so much she is yet to achieve as an artist. Mainly because of the way she is living her life. We've seen what she can do, but she still has so much more to give. In my mind it would be a greater tragedy if the music industry lost someone like her who is still yet to fulfil their absolute potential"


(Now don't try and quote me out of context, I'm not tryna put Amy Winehouse on the same level as Michael Jackson, but in that situation of death, With Amy it would be: "What if?"
And we all know how frustrating thinking "what if?" can be)

And she only comes from down the road! She grew up in Southgate, That's around the corner from me (okay more like around the corner and down the road but still)
     Home girl is good peoples And highlighted below are my personal faves from her albums.


1.Intro
2. Stronger Than Me


3. You Sent Me Flying
4. Know You Now
5. Fuck Me Pumps
6. I Heard Love Is Blind
7. Moody's Mood For Love
8. (There Is) No Greater Love
9. In My Bed
10. Take The Box
11. October Song
12. What Is It About Men

13. Help Yourself


 14. Amy Amy Amy    
15.Mister Magic (Through the smoke)


  1. Rehab
  2. You Know I'm No Good
  3. Me & Mr Jones
  4. Just Friends
  5. Back To Black
  6. Love Is A Losing Game
  7. Tears Dry On Their Own
  8. Wake Up Alone
  9. Some Unholy War
  10. He Can Only Hold Her
  11. You Know I'm No Good (Remix)



She also had a double disc collection titled 'The other side of Amy Winehouse'

This had a couple unreleased tracks on it, but mostly remixes and acoustic versions of songs off her last two albums.
My faves from this one are:
Get Over It ft JTWR
Procrastination
B Boy Baby (Feat. Mutya Buena)
Hey Little Rich Girl
Valerie (Mark Ronson Version)
Heard It Through The Grapevine (Duet With Paul Weller
    
I think it's safe to say that I do <3 abit of Amy Winehouse, she is one of my favourite Artist and she is very underrated by most people. Yeah her personal life sucks abit but she's also a celebrity, 
what celebrity do you know that is squeaky clean?
Either way people let her personal life get in the way of taking a minute to actually listen to her music and for anyone who does listen, you'll know that she takes great pride in what she does.






No comments:

Post a Comment